Do you want to look like an absolute dream at your wedding? You may not realize it, but a lot of work goes into that, especially if you want to look stunning both on and off-camera. It’s months of planning, but if it’s all well-executed, the results will be well worth it. When you walk down that aisle, you’ll feel confident, radiant, and incredibly beautiful.Here’s a rundown of what your bridal beauty & hair routine should look like.
6 Months Before the Wedding
Unless it’s a shotgun wedding, you’ll have a few months before the big day arrives, and this is when your prep starts. If you’re someone who generally takes care of their hair and skin, these aren’t any major changes; you’ll just have to be more consistent. These simple tips can make a huge difference to your skin and hair health and appearance.Here’s what we suggest:
- Fix your sleep cycle.
- Identify your skin problems and get a skin consultation.
- Start taking your daily vitamins if you’re not already taking them.
- Start eating healthy and stay hydrated.
- Schedule monthly facial and hair treatments.
- Curate a great AM and PM skincare routine and stick to it.
- You should apply oil to your hair once or twice every week.
- Look into laser hair removal and start sessions right away!
- Try not to stress too much!
Two Weeks Before the Wedding
With two weeks left before the wedding, you’d ideally want to amp up all your hair and skin efforts. We suggest having your hair and makeup trials around this time and asking your hair and makeup artists to let you know if there is any hair treatment or skin procedure that you’ll need right now to improve the look.Here are some other things you can do at this point:
- Get your haircut; make sure to get rid of any split ends at least.
- Get a protein treatment.
- Also, start looking into hair highlights or color treatments that you want, but hold them off until only 3-4 days are left.
- And, of course, continue doing everything you’ve been doing for the past 6 months.
The Week Leading Up to The Wedding
In the final week before the wedding, there’s a lot that needs to be done. The more you plan and schedule in advance, the less overwhelming it’ll also seem.
- If you didn’t opt for laser hair removal, then get your waxing appointment scheduled in the last week.
- Get your eyebrows done.
- Get your hair highlights or hair color. If you have already colored your hair previously, make an appointment for gloss and root-touch up.
- Stop using vitamin C, retinol, and other chemical exfoliants that may irritate your skin.
- Consider a mild chemical peel, though—make sure there’s plenty of time for the redness to fade away.
- Get your manicure and pedicure.
On The Wedding Day
Yes—you’ve made it! All you need to do on your big day is sleep well the night before and take a shower in the morning, and relax while the pros handle your hair and makeup for you! At Del Beauty Box, we make sure our clients are comfortable and pampered on their big day. We offer some amazing bridal hair and makeup packages to help you look and feel your best on your special day. As one of the best makeup and hair salons in San Diego, CA, we take care of everything from your hair treatments to haircuts and makeup and bridal beauty & hair routine!Get in touch with us to discuss it all further.